Monday, March 7, 2011

March 2011

Been a while hasn't it? I've been stitching tho.

I'm still working on my son's project (Floral Retreat by Dimension's Gold and the 2 HAED SAL Storykeeps). I really really want to get Floral Retreat completed so I'm thinking of just concentrating on that. I'm also working on a Tuesday only project which is a 12 Square Quilt pattern called Handblessings (a Eileen Gurak Needlework Design) which is a freebie from my local stitching shop. I'm on square #5.

Now on to my finishes - and I'm very sad to say I can't tell you the name or who they're by anymore. The Halloween one has been passed forward and I can't find the chart right now on the rose one.






This one is for my BFF (the one I did the chili pepper one for) for her birthday. It's done on pale green 16ct Aida and verigated floss (Melon). I added teeny tiny seed beads in the middle of the desigins of the border as well as within the pattern. Again I can't remember the designer as I can't find the chart (will have to do better at that in the future!!)

The Halloween one was placed on the wall behind the register at Cross My Heart where I go stitching every Tuesday for the fall season.

Well I guess that's it for now. I hope to be able to post more finishes but I seem to be a slow stitcher. Hopefully the next postings will be the 12 Square Quilt and my son's Floral Retreat.

Until then I hope everyone has a good spring and stays safe in whatever they do!


18 comments:

Berly said...

The Halloween one is Spooky Time! I finished it & passed it on again! Mine isn't framed, though. Yours looks really great!

Carolyn NC said...

Wonderful finishes!

Sew Sew Special said...

Love your finishes!! They're wonderful!!

Sew Sew Special said...

Love your finishes!! They're wonderful!!

htimcj said...

Great stitching. Don't you hate it when you can't remember who the charts are by?!? I do that all the time!
Heidi-ILCS

Nancy M said...

Nice finishes. It's not a race to be the fastest!!

Unknown said...

Everything looks lovely! Great job! I like the halloween one!

Tracey said...

Beautiful finishes! I hope to have one soon! lol

chrisstitches said...

floral retreat & the halloween one both done so well. you do beautiful work.

Cindy from Artists for Hire said...

The Roses are lovely!!!

Meari said...

Both your projects look good!

Unknown said...

I just adore the Halloween one, you did a really nice job on both but I am not fond of the other pattern. Sorry it took so long, well as everyone know I have been busy moving and putting things away. today was getting furniture

CreativeStitch said...

Congratulations on your finishes! Very nice work!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful.

Katrien said...

Great finishes

Angie said...

love the halloween one

MaryT said...

Really beautiful finishes. I love the one color one, isn't it amazing with just the little bit of color variation it makes the desing pop out.

Mary Louise in IN

suzzanestitches said...

OMG, the dragon is so sweet! Congratulations on a super job stitching and bravery for entering it in a competition!!