Friday, September 16, 2011

September 2011

I've completed another project - woohoo! Whittling down my 7,450,000 charts (just kidding - lol - well sorta - lol)

This is a Hinzeit block chart called Birds. My aunt had put a sun room on the back of her house last summer and at Christmas she said she loved coming into the room in the mornings - having her coffee and watching the birds. So I made this for a Christmas present for her.

This was pretty standard stitching for me - used 14ct Aida and the colors the chart suggested. Of course I added my "bling" - there is gold metallic thread in the green leaves. In the picture it's had to tell tho. The charms came with the chart. Still have to take it to Hobby Lobby to get it framed. Will get a green matte to complement the green leaves.

Hope you all like it.




16 comments:

Nancy M said...

It will be a wonderful gift. I did "wine" and then lost all the charms. I just purchased some more online and now I can get it "finished!"

Unknown said...

It is lovely and adding your bling certainly works!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and thoughtful gift! She will treasure it. :)

Deborah said...

Your Aunt will just love this!!
It is surely quite beautiful!!

Love and Hugs!!
Deborah

mdgtjulie said...

It looks fabulous Patty. Grats on the finish!!

Vicky L said...

Birds is very lovely. I might have to add that to my wishlist. I am now a follower.

xsfav14 - Chele said...

It looks very cool! I love their patterns! Your Aunt will love it!

Chele

Kate said...

A lovely gift. Great finish.

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish. It looks really nice.

MaryT said...

Really looks nice and like the bling you added

Katrien said...

beautiful

chrisstitches said...

awesome....rich looking.chris b

socialsue said...

Lovely gift! I love all of your pillows as well in your blog!

EvalinaMaria said...

LOvely finish will make a lovely gift!

Joyce Clark Frank said...

What a great gift. I did Golf for my daughter, who liked it.
I can relate with the number of charts on hand, ha.

Lynn said...

Cute! I am doig thee "Alabama" one and fnised "moose" one by them.